Friday, September 11, 2015

In Remembrance of 9/11/01

Remembering 9/11/01 and The Possibility of HOPE



As I look back on 9/11/01, what I remember is seeing the second plane crash into the build from the television screen and thinking OMG what the FUCK! What I remember is feeling scared and uncertain of "what was going on." What I  remember is not being able to reach my younger brother who work at the UN at that time and hoping that he was OK.

Through all the memories I hold, what I remember MOST and hold most dear to me, other than the lives sacrificed, are the many acts of kindness I saw. People walking for miles shoulder to shoulder. Others being given a lift by complete strangers. Neighbors who hadn't spoken finally meeting to exchange food, a word, a gesture of connection and comfort. Black, White, Gentile or Jew. All this set aside to help one another. All that was seen was a person in need. There is nothing like tragedy to bring about change. The tragedy of 9/11/01 brought about a softening of some hearts, "A banding together for the greater GoOD." We laid down our grievances, put aside resentments and embraced each other, strangers included. Today as you reflect back on that day, let it stand as a testimony, not of what tragedies are possible but what is POSSIBLE when WE Allow OurSelves to Lay down our Arms and link ARMS in Harmony and Unconditional Love. This is not only A Possibility, it was an actuality in the midst of great tragedy. Let us band together now to change the face of Humanity. We can truly be what our fore fathers wrote about, One NATION UNDER GOD, Indivisible With LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.