Friday, April 10, 2020

Room for Improvement


All around us the death toll rings during Covid 19. We hear of hundreds a day as the apex of this experience begins to crest. As metaphysicians let us seek to actively participate in this process through utilizing this experience for more Spiritual growth and enlightenment so that we emerge from this more improved, more open and loving, more free to love, be loved and know our inherent value and worth unattached to the trappings of external validation or approval. Let us morn the loss of our loved ones and celebrate the death of things that are no longer working in our-lives that we see as we
are sheltered in place. Today let us awaken to the decision to die to the lies that we have told ourselves about ourself and that which we have consciously and unconsciously eaten from others. The spoons filled with insecurities, plates of not-enough-ness and jam jars of self deprecating thoughts and behaviors.


When I was younger I used to live by the motto; good, better, best, may you never let it rest until your good gets better and your better is best. For years I lived this motto and it was a successful motivator in my life. Today on my morning “W’OG”, walk/jog, I had an awakening. My Good is good enough. I am good enough and my best is always unfolding. There is no, good, to get better and no better to make best. Good is good, and it is enough. 

I had a moment of clarity to break it down. Language is so limiting and yet it is something we rely on to communicate. In our subconscious minds it does not make distinctions. It is a factory of acceptance, so to say better implies that there is something wrong with what you have. It says there is something lacking and when we, you, I or anyone creates, thinks or makes something that is good then it is good, period. What is good can be improved upon and that means we take something that is working and make it improved in efficiency, or color, or application. We can improve upon something but if we make something better then invariably we see it as something that has something wrong with it. Can you follow this line of thinking? It is making sense to you?

So all the years I said I wanted to be better, it was in essence saying I was “bad,” unworthy, useless, not enough. Today I realize the absurdity of this and I am able to accept my inherent worth. I can say and mean it, I am good. I am enough. and I feed this to my subconscious mind which accepts this just as readily as she did it’s opposite. I can accept my good and know that what is good within me and about me can always be improved upon. That is evolution. I am in a constant state of evolving. The cycles of evolution, the stages of life can be seen all around us. The Good in us must increase because it is that which gives life. It must improve because it is that which evolves that creates more life. Life is that substance of God that lives in each of us that gives us life. 

You my dear, you and you and you, each of you are “gOod.” You are the evolution in action, love in motion, life unfolding, amazingly, brilliantly, you!